- BOBJ XI3.1 SP4
- Xcelsius SP4
- LCM (you can use Import Wizard if you prefer)
- You know your way around the tools listed above.
- You have (at least) two separate environments.
- You have an Xcelsius Model and BI Service created. There’s a quick intro here if you haven’t done this before.
- You’re deploying your Xcelsius model via InfoView (or BI Launch Pad).
It’s simpler than you might think.
- Open your Xcelsius model.
- Click Data > Connections… to open the Data Manager.
- Add a Query as a Web Service connection.
- Paste the URL of your BI Service into the WSDL URL field, and click Import. The URL should look something like http://SERVERNAME:8080/dswsbobje/qaawsservices/biws?WSDL=1&cuid=AeK9Li6sHdxFrDnMoHp0Qas
Now, in the Web Service URL field, you will see a URL. This is what Xcelsius uses when you refresh the connection. By default, it’s going to point to the server where you created the BI Service (and look for a BI Service by its unique ID). You’ll now change this to a relative link. So when you refresh your Xcelsius model, it will look on whatever server it is on for a BI Service with the specified CUID.
- To do this, remove the first part of the URL, so that you’re left with something like:
- Then promote your model and its supporting components (e.g. Xcelsius Flash file, BI Service, Webi Report, Universe and Connections) using LCM or the Import Wizard. (Note: BI Services are referred to as QaaWS connections in the Import Wizard).
If you're having trouble after migrating, be sure to check out my tips on troubleshooting BI Services.